If you want to stay warm during the cold months in the Rio Grande Valley, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep running at its best. If you’ve already booked your once a year tune-up with Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C., you’re right on schedule. Don’t panic if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are many things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its best performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can hurt your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s an easy way to improve the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the space around your outdoor unit if clutter has gathered or plants have taken control of the space.
- To make sure your system is working correctly, test your thermostat frequently. Turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump start. If you don’t hear anything, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat next steps or contact us directly.
Keeping you comfortable this winter matters to us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to make an appointment with one of our technicians, call Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. at [[phonenumber]] or arrange an appointment online.