People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats allow you to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature as needed.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to start researching them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats can help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. in the Rio Grande Valley at 956-381-1162. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.