You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. have put together some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting accustomed to the new temperature, try changing it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 956-630-3522.