Having routine air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the the Rio Grande Valley summertime, have the specialists at Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for correct airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. today at 956-630-3522.