During the cooler the Rio Grande Valley months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. ASAP if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. at 956-630-3522 or arrange an appointment with us online.