When it’s chilly in the Rio Grande Valley you count on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system seems to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you might require a furnace repair. The sooner you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C..
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could signal a few specific problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps growing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps growing. This could point to several different problems. Your HVAC technician will help sort out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The team at Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.