As spring rolls around, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in the Rio Grande Valley? Particularly if your AC equipment is recently installed or was cooling well last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to schedule any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your system checked yearly by a Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. professional can help spot little issues before they lead to huge breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a professional to take care of complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that collect in your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy needs—and a higher utility bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and in the long-term, since you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint little issues before they become large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly look at parts and perform a set of cooling performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into extensive problems that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your AC is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is set to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to early meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC maintenance should have an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the ensuing locations and components:
- Total unit condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C.
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. pros a shout at 956-381-1162 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your residence, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching service.