Make your life simpler—begin preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service visit from your Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. professional each year. This is important to keep your unit working for the future. The technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any potential problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your air conditioner, which can obstruct airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the winter, be sure to uncover it. You can damage your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in serious repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters on a monthly basis and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may need to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is working at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.