Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to give you the maximum benefits. Trained technicians can service your heating and cooling products to make certain they're working at their greatest potential and help prevent more pricey repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
The cost varies depending on the equipment size and different features, so we advise contacting Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. at 956-630-3522 to get a quote.
With two-stage heating, furnaces may operate on two different levels: high and low. Since you can heat your home on the low setting a majority of the time, a two-stage furnace can work longer and more efficiently. Two-stage heating also operates more quietly than traditional furnaces and can give you more even heat distribution and fewer temperature swings.
Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. offers many different brands and models that incorporate advanced technology to help heat and cool your home more efficiently. Technology in the newer HVAC systems offers more precision when it comes to meeting your home comfort needs. If you need more information, please call our experts at 956-630-3522.
Modern furnaces are designed with a number of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems give you more even heating and are better at controlling airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another benefit of modern furnaces is their ability to operate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace operate more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently increased the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. at 956-630-3522 to find the requirements for the the Rio Grande Valley area.
There are several ways to reduce your energy costs and one of the best ways is to make sure you have an energy-efficient HVAC system. Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. offers many highly efficient products that will help decrease the amount of energy you are using and save you money. In addition to looking for products that have the Energy Star® certification, high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, here are some other things to consider:
- Remember to schedule regular maintenance and have an experienced professional take a look at your system to ensure its running efficiently.
- If you have specific areas of your home that you need to heat or cool, you may want to consider a zoning system. This allows you to target that area and gets rid of wasted energy on heating or cooling areas that aren't used.
- Programmable or smart thermostats make it easier to maintain your home comfort while not consuming energy to heat or cool your space if you aren't home. It is an easy way to decrease energy costs and once you set it, you can walk away and understand its going to take care of your indoor comfort.
Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. has been supporting the the Rio Grande Valley community for many years and has been offering trustworthy and dependable service. Our service and the products we carry are of the highest quality and you will be satisfied with our solutions. Our knowledgeable team is here to help you achieve your ideal home comfort.
There are four things to review when enhancing your indoor air quality:
- The indoor air quality in your home starts to suffer when the air begins filling up with air pollutants. The biggest concern is eliminating these pollutants. Some to-dos to put on your weekly checklist is vacuuming, washing your linens and making sure any cleaning products are stored properly.
- Especially in newer homes, the insulation is installed so well that it might be difficult for these pollutants to leave the home. While it helps to keep your home warm or cool, depending on the season, its beneficial to get some fresh air inside.
- Make sure that you have good ventilation and schedule routine maintenance on your system. And while that's very beneficial, you can also take your IAQ even further by using air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems to get rid of particles while eliminating chemical vapors.
- Smart or programmable thermostats can help control humidity levels as well as the temperature. This can help avert germs and other particles from collecting while preserving your home comfort.
No two homes are alike, which is why we suggest that you contact our team at Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. to find out which solution will be best for your space. Our experienced technicians will conduct a review of your current system and determine what your ideal home comfort looks like. That will help us select which products will be most effective.
You might be surprised to know that air conditioners don't technically make your home cooler; they actually remove the hot air and direct it outside. This hot air moves across a refrigerant coil on the indoor unit and then is sent to the outdoor unit where it is released. Your air conditioner transfers as much hot air outside as is necessary to reach the temperature you have set on your thermostat.
Different regions have different minimum energy efficiency standards. Additionally, air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, have higher minimum efficiency levels than products manufactured prior to that date. The team at Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. can help you find out the minimum requirements for the Rio Grande Valley, let you know if your current products meets those requirements or help you find a replacement air conditioner that does.
Your systems service panel should have a white label on it, with your systems model and serial numbers at the top. M/N signifies the systems model number and S/N is the serial number.
Since equipment size needs are different for every home, the best way to determine the correct size equipment for your home is to have a technician from Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. come out to perform load calculation tests. The tests take factors such as square footage, insulation value, and more into account to determine your homes individual HVAC equipment needs.
Yes debris can inhibit your systems ability to function effectively. Its normal for heat pumps to have frost or ice on them in the colder months, but many include defrost controls so they can work efficiently regardless of the weather conditions.
When a cooling system uses two-stage cooling, it means that there are two levels of operation. This lets the system work more efficiently since there is one level for milder weather and one for harsher weather that demands the system work harder. Two-stage cooling also enables almost unnoticeable temperature changes so you don't experience extreme differences in temperature. Aside from better efficiency, other benefits of two-stage cooling include quieter operation and better humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a variety of reasons, but the most typical are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something homeowners take care of; however, you'll need to call the professionals at Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. at 956-630-3522 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. offers a number of great thermostat options for your HVAC systems. The best thermostat for you will depend on a variety of variables, such as whether you want one that's programmable or not. No matter what kind of thermostat you'd like or if you're searching for something that can fit with a home automation system call Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. to hear about which thermostats you can choose from. Our team will help you find one thats right for your system, your family's needs and your budget.
A heat pump takes care of both your homes heating and cooling needs, offering you one HVAC system that can be used all year. In the warmer months, heat pumps act like an air conditioner, capturing the hot air from inside your home and moving it outside; in the cooler months, this process is reversed. Heat pumps can be very energy efficient and may produce two to three times more heat than the energy it uses.
At Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C., we do recommend replacing both your indoor and outdoor units at the same time because:
- Outdoor systems are now built to work with their matching indoor system for the most efficiency. When you replace one system but not the other, you may not see the same energy savings as if you had replaced them together.
- Thanks to technological innovation, newer systems mean better efficiency. This is also true for HVAC systems. While the advancements focus on greater heating and cooling efficiency, they also include benefits such as better air handling, filtering and noise reduction.
- If your heating and cooling systems are more than 10 years old, they need to be replaced. Older models have outdated technology that is likely adding to your energy costs due to poor efficiency. So by replacing your indoor system at the same time as your outdoor equipment, both your systems will provide better energy efficiency that helps you lower your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable.
Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. can help recommend the right thermostat for you based on your home and current heating and cooling equipment. We offer a variety of programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats, which can help improve the efficiency of your homes furnace and/or air conditioner. View our thermostats or give us a call at 956-630-3522 for more information.
A significant portion of your monthly energy bills can be attributed to your heating and cooling system. It makes sense, because our home comfort is a critical aspect of our day-to-day lives. Thankfully, there are high-efficiency solutions from Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. that can keep you comfortable while also reducing energy costs. When it's time for you to shop for a new HVAC system, there are a couple things to consider. You'll want to find air conditioners with high SEER ratings and furnaces with high AFUE ratings. These ratings measure efficiency, so the larger the number the better off you'll be when it comes to saving on energy costs. You can also consider these tips:
- Keep your system operating to its best ability by scheduling routine maintenance. It helps uphold efficiency and make sure everything is functioning properly.
- Consider a zoning system if you only have certain rooms that need to be heated or cooled. There is no need to use energy altering the temperature in a room that is never, or rarely used.
- The U.S. Department of Energy says that programmable thermostats can save up to 35 percent on heating costs and 25 percent on cooling costs. There are a lot of programmable and smart thermostat options that are easy to use and vary in the number of features-so you can find an solution that you are comfortable with.
A zoning system allows you to section your residence and heat or air condition each area differently. While these systems operate well for buildings that have parts that are seldom occupied, they can also be beneficial in situations where you and your family cant agree on the temperature in different areas of your home. There are a collection of additional pluses of zoning systems, like efficiency and comfort. Browse our selection of zoning systems or give Cytech Heating & Cooling L.C. a ring to see how a zoning system could work for your home.